Even though it’s hard to beat a romantic candlelit dinner, London has so much more to offer when considering an impressive date location whether you’re hopelessly amorous or only reluctantly romantic! With Spring well and truly underway the team at Bowes-Lyon Partnership thought it should divulge some of the best kept secrets into London’s dating venues…
1. A favourite of the girls in the office is the Harvey Nichols Cocktail Masterclass. The conversation is guaranteed to flow because of the relaxed environment but you’re still investing in a special date and after you’ve chatted and flirted your way through your masterclass, you’re whisked away to a table for two at the adjoining fifth floor restarant to enjoy an intimate lunch. A perfect end to the date would be a romantic springtime stroll around Hyde Park just around the corner, depending on the weather of course!
2. This vibrant cafe-cum-winebar-cum-gallery-cum-music venue is truly one ofLondon’s hidden gems. Nestled amongst the atmospheric Old Brompton Road, you will find the last 50’s coffee shop in Earls Court, The Troubadour! Our ideal time of day to visit is for brunch when you can really appreciate the nostalgic setting and we suggest you impress your date by letting them know that Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan and Paul Simon all played here in the ’60s!
3. Now this one is massively dependant that you have checked and double checked the weather but come late May early June, Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre is a great date venue. It is the epitome of a food, drink and culture date in the most relaxed setting. It is wonderfully atmospheric and the gardens provide the ultimate location (with a bar close by!)
4. This date was recommended by one of our gentlemen members socomplete kudos to him! The 606 Jazz Club inChelsea is an intimate venue famous for its live jazz music. It oozes atmosphere and will most definitely set the perfect mood for a date. They even serve food which is on par with the great music scene and if you wish to move on from there, you are situated right on the Kings Road with a host of perfect venues. Some insider information tells us that an appreciated gesture is to buy your date a CD from there of the up and coming jazz musicians to remember your night by!
5. A firm favourite with most is the Southbank walk starting at the London Eye. Perfect timing for this is an hour before sunset, which gives you time to slowly amble East along the riverbank to the Oxo Tower for breath taking views (and hopefully a well timed view of the sunset) and a drink or two. From there you can move onto Late Tate Modern where you can see an exhibition or listen to some music and head up to the seventh floor to try their incredible restaurant and inspiring wine menu, its up to you!
6. Kettners, on the corner of Greek Street and Romilly Street in Soho, is a certain must! It is one venue but with a multitude of options. Starting off with a glass of bubbly in the champagne bar youthen move on to the brasserie (where it’s a good idea to book one of the private nooks for ultimate date sophistication) for some gorgeous dinner. Afterwards, you can move on to the pudding bar to sample their desserts and to finish the night off, head to The Apartment area where a liqueur coffee never fails to impress!
7. Literally a stones throw away from our offices in Belgravia is The Mango Tree. A super chic and classy Thai restaurant with a superb atmosphere. Thai restaurants seem to be fast over taking the world but we can see why! The Mango Tree is a superb date location and we can personally recommend their Sea Bass fillet wrapped in banana leaves on a cress salad! We have yet to find a person who does not appreciate Thai food so you can’t go wrong here!
8. A truly special date venue is Odettes. Nestled in Primrose Hill, this gorgeous restaurant is perfect for a cosyevening dinner provided by an award winning chef, Bryn Williams or an alfresco lunch (with a glimmer of sun!) They have a secluded bar area, which is ideal for cocktails or a glass of wine and some delicious canapés. Odette’s is a small wonder and there always seems an appropriate occasion to visit! It is so much more than a restaurant and too perfect to miss out from this list!
These are just a few ideas to give you some date inspiration as Spring arrives and we at the Bowes-Lyon Partnership offices are always keen to hear about your fabulous date locations! If these tickle your fancy but you are still looking for that special someone to share them with, then contact Hayley or Natalie at https://bowes-lyonpartnership.co.uk/contact-us/ or call the Bowes-Lyon Partnership office for an informal chat on 0207 152 6011.