What Can I Do to Make My ‘Single’ Valentine’s Day Brighter?
Let’s face it, when you’re single, a day that celebrates love for 24 hours isn’t exactly appealing. In fact, it can be quite depressing if you allow yourself to think about it too much. Well, I’m here to tell you, you don’t have to mope around today – there’s plenty of things to do to keep your spirits up and mind occupied! So what can you do to make Valentine’s Day a little brighter? Here’s a list of our top 7 ideas:
- Go out to dinner with friends! Sneak a peek at Time Out’s list of London’s best no-booking restaurants. This list is perfect if you’re looking to meet up for a last-minute meal tonight!
- Buy yourself flowers – better yet – your favourite flowers no matter the cost! (By the way, this act of being kind to yourself doesn’t have to end once you’re in a relationship; I’m married, and I still buy myself flowers at least once a month!)
- See a film! With The Academy Awards a mere three weeks away, you have a myriad of choice when it comes to films this year. And in my opinion, it’s been one of the best years for movies!
- Grab a friend and go to see a comedy show! In fact, there’s still tickets available for this one here!
- Treat yourself! Whether you’ve been wanting to book a massage, try a new bottle of expensive wine, plan a dream holiday, or buy that one-of-a-kind pair of shoes in the Selfridges Shoe Hall, go for it! Do whatever it takes to feel special – because you are!
- Join a dating agency! Remember, there are companies out there with incredibly tailored services and high success rates who want to help make your romantic dreams come true. We’re one of them, so please get in touch here!
- Remind yourself that there’s nothing wrong with being single, and recognise that you still have tons of love around you even if it’s not romantic love at the moment. And that romance willcome. Who knows what you’ll be doing or who you’ll be with on Valentine’s Day 2015! This could be your last single holiday ever – live it up!