Applications are now closed for this role
Title: Executive Assistant to the Director
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours: 16 to 20 hours a week, over 4-5 days
Holiday: 25 days per annum pro-rata + 8 Bank Holiday days
Salary: £25,000 per annum pro-rata + a discretionary annual bonus
Bowes-Lyon Partnership is a well-established, highly-respected exclusive dating agency with offices in London’s Mayfair and Godalming, Surrey. It is our aim to enhance our members’ lives by matching them with the perfect partner. Our members pay £8,000 – £12,000 for an annual membership and they have high expectations of our service.
Our clients are successful, discerning, at times demanding, and in need of total discretion. Highly accomplished they are accustomed to a gold standard of service which delivers efficiently, professionally and effectively.
Your role will be based at the heart of our business, in beautiful Godalming, minutes from the main railway. As Executive Assistant to our busy Director, responsibilities will cover a wide-range of tasks including mailbox handling, arranging appointments, general administration, database maintenance, speaking with new enquiries and some office management. This role will suit someone who is self-motivated, hard-working, highly organised, able to work autonomously and someone who enjoys being part of a friendly and dynamic team.
Specific duties include:
- Corresponding with new enquiries, via email and telephone
- Creating member profiles
- Handling the Director’s email inbox and responding to a variety of enquiries
- Ensuring the database is accurate and maintained, and ensuring all data is inputted correctly
- Assisting the Director with marketing and advertising campaigns
- Answering phonecalls and directing them to the appropriate team member.
- Arranging meetings for the Director in both the London and Godalming offices
- Dealing with suppliers and advertisers
- Liaising with members, sending and chasing necessary paperwork
- Updating the website and blog
- Office management – general administration, organisation and management of staff, as well as being a great support to the Director.
- Highly-organised with meticulous attention to detail
- A good communicator with a confident and well-spoken telephone manner
- Forward-thinking, productive and able to work autonomously
- Loyal and reliable
- Good at working with people
- An ability to ‘wear different hats’ and deal with a variety of tasks on a daily basis
- Articulate and well-spoken. Our clients are often well-known and highly-respected in their fields and expect to deal with someone professional, intelligent and knowledgeable.
- Ambitious and motivated with a passion for helping others
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small business environment where priorities can change quickly
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of MS Office (essential), and ideally knowledge of CRM systems, Xero, WordPress and Canva. Full training will be given but previous use of similar systems would be preferred.
If so, you match the basics. More importantly you must be:
- Self-confident but not egotistical – able to deal with affluent and sometimes demanding clients
- Empathetic – have an understanding and caring attitude towards members
- Cheerful and energetic – having a positive and optimistic outlook
- Supportive to the Director – a willingness to operate with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach
- Preferably available immediately, but we can wait for the right person if necessary.
The role is fascinating, rewarding, challenging, humorous and quite possibly different from any other you have experienced. The business is experiencing rapid growth and we would welcome applications from someone who is excited to be a part of this.
Due to the important nature of this role, all candidate applications will be personally handled by Bowes-Lyon Partnership Director, Hayley Bystram.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
- Why you would like to work for a dating agency
- What can you bring to our team
- What computer skills you have, and what software programs you are comfortable using
We look forward to hearing from you…