Bowes-Lyon Partnership is a well-established, highly-respected exclusive dating agency with offices in London’s Mayfair and Godalming, Surrey. It is our aim to enhance our members’ lives by matching them with the perfect partner. Our members pay £8,000 – £12,000 for an annual membership and they have high expectations of our service.
Our clients are successful, discerning, at times demanding, and in need of total discretion. Highly accomplished they are accustomed to a gold standard of service which delivers efficiently, professionally and effectively.
Our Head of Membership role will be based at the heart of our business, in beautiful Godalming, Surrey minutes from the main railway, with occasional days in our stylish Mayfair office. Responsibilities will cover a wide-range of tasks including client liaison, office-management, match-making, administration and supporting the Director. This requires intuition, patience, hard work, empathy, humour, perceptiveness, emotional skills and a genuine passion and interest in the role.
This role is for someone who is looking for a career, someone keen to learn but also contribute to shape and grow an already successful business to become No.1 in the industry.
Specific duties include:
- Match-making members and organising introductions – analysing member’s criteria and requirements and building a suitable list of compatible introductions.
- Corresponding with members – becoming a trusted confidante of all members through building strong relationships with them. Emailing, talking to, listening and learning their needs and requirements and becoming the person who knows everything about each member and each date they go on!
- Expanding sales opportunities – responding to new enquiries, picking up the telephone and speaking to new potential members, encouraging people to make appointments to visit us at our offices.
- Writing member profiles – effectively communicating the attributes and traits of members via carefully worded and enticing profiles that highlight the characteristics of each individual
- Contributing to marketing campaigns – working with the team to create innovative ways to recruit new members and expand our reputation within the industry. Being aware of industry activity and developments to keep us ‘ahead of the game’ and to enable us to stand out from our competitors
- Highly-organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Ambitious and motivated with a passion for customer service
- A good communicator, with a confident and persuasive telephone manner
- Creative, with an ability to form and write dating profiles for our members
- Forward-thinking and able to work autonomously
- Great at working with people with an enthusiastic and positive disposition
- Articulate, well-spoken and well-presented. Our clients are often well-known and highly-respected in their fields and expect to deal with someone professional, intelligent and knowledgeable.
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of MS Office (essential)
If so, you match the basics. More importantly you must be:
- Intuitive – able to instinctively match-make members based on your knowledge of them
- Self-confident but not egotistical – able to deal with affluent, and sometimes demanding, clients
- Empathetic – understanding, compassionate and caring attitude towards members who may have had difficult relationship histories
- Cheerful and energetic – having a positive and optimistic outlook
- A good listener – to truly understand and learn about each individual member
- A quick and accurate assessor of personality – having the confidence and knowledge to know who is a good fit for our agency during sales meetings, and who would not be a suitable member for us.
- Supportive to clients, the team and the Director – a willingness to operate with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach
The role is fascinating, rewarding, challenging, humorous and quite possibly different from any other you have experienced. The role would suit someone who has previous client/customer service experience, particularly in recruitment roles, as well as experience working and dealing with high-net worth people.
And the other essential information:
We work office hours from 9am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. We offer an attractive basic salary, an annual ‘business success’ bonus, 25 days’ holiday and expenses are covered. There is a huge potential for growth, development and leadership within the company.
Due to the important nature of this role, all candidate applications will be personally handled by Bowes-Lyon Partnership Director, Hayley Bystram.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain:
- Why you would like to work for a dating agency
- What can you bring to our team
We look forward to hearing from you…