What Are the Best Date Night Ideas This Christmas?
To follow-up my blog post from last week’s Q&A, I thought I’d give our readers a few tips for date night over the next few weeks! London is packed full of dreamy events this month, and there’s no excuse NOT to get out there and date whether it’s with someone new or a long-time love.
Here are a few ideas for a London holiday date:
- Borough Market (Fridays and Saturdays are the best days to go) – Here, you’ll have the chance to sip some mulled wine or warm apple cider and eat lots of goodies. My personal favourite is the toasted cheese sandwich (http://kappacasein.com/) – it’s beyond worth the calories!
- Ice skating – Somerset House and the Natural History Museum are the shining stars in London. You’re guaranteed a fun evening with the perfect opportunity to hold someone’s hand! (http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/ice-rink)
- Christmas High Tea – My recommendation is The Ritz Hotel. Although it’s a bit pricey at £65 per person, this price includes champagne, as much food as you can eat, and carol singers to accompany your delicious two hours! Oh, and don’t forget – the Ritz is known for their gorgeous Christmas decorations so enjoy the opulence! (http://www.theritzlondon.com/tea.html)
- Christmas at Kew Gardens – Buddle up and discover your own winter wonderland and forest of Christmas lights! (http://www.kew.org/visit-kew-gardens/whats-on/christmas/)
- Window Shopping in Central London – If you’re lucky enough to have all of your Christmas shopping done, take a look at the ingenious as well as aesthetically pleasing window designs this Christmas. John Lewis, Selfridges, and Harrods have quite the stunners!
- The Nutcracker Ballet – See this classic ballet with the one you love! It’s guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit and never disappoints! (http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/the-nutcracker-by-peter-wright)
- Carols by Candlelight at the Royal Albert Hall – Christmas romance at its best!(http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/christmas/carols-by-candlelight-3/default.aspx)
- Soutbank Centre Christmas Market – The Southbank has been transformed into a winter festival and market complete with food, drink, and even holiday shows! It’s perfect for a romantic stroll along the Thames this holiday season. (http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/festivals-series/the-winter-festival)