Do you struggle with making conversation on a first date? Well stop worrying, you’re not alone. As an elite dating site, the Bowes-Lyon Partnership has a team of experienced dating experts who have they seen it all before and are on hand to help you get the most from your membership.
At the Bowes-Lyon Partnership, we offer a bespoke, personal membership because we believe that’s the most enjoyable and effective way to find that special someone for you. As part of a professional matchmaking service, we’re here to help you with all of your dating needs, but as a starter to whet your appetite, here are 5 tips guaranteed to improve the conversation on any date.
- Our dating experts are good, but it’s also fair to say that we’re still somewhat at your mercy. Make sure that you’re generally talk in a positive way. It might sound obvious, but sometimes we can be negative about ourselves (and others!) as a natural defence mechanism. Speak clearly and be decisive, as positive energy attracts positive energy.
- Don’t be afraid to smile and laugh. The sound of laughter, even if it’s just a chuckle, is so reassuring. Guaranteed to be an icebreaker, a happy face will make for a great date.
By the way, whilst we’re on the subject of happy faces, you don’t have to have a smile that’s painted on. You’re allowed to disagree with your date, but just do so respectfully. If your date is a driven professional, the chances are that they’ll appreciate a difference opinion.
- Be open with your date. Don’t be embarrassed to share your dreams and aspirations – your date doesn’t have to share your passions to be the perfect partner.
Also, by revealing some of your ambitions, you’ll be revealing some interesting insight into yourself. Similarly, divulge your ideal holiday destination, your favourite band and the like. Don’t hog the conversation, but take it from the dating experts – your partner will love to hear about you.
- Think about your body language. Sometimes you can say a lot without opening your mouth. Try to lean towards your date and be attentive.
- Mention your friends, especially if they’ve done something interesting. Obviously don’t overdo it and take attention away from the date, but it’s going to be a good thing if you talk about people you know and all the things in your life that make you ‘you’.